Zusi site created.

Hey folks, everyone speaking English may write in this category!
Nachricht
Autor
Bruce Kennewell
Zusi site created.

#1 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

I have commenced a Zusi-specific section of my AustRail site and the initial work is now available for viewing.

Information will be regularly updated and the description of Zusi and its components will also be expanded.

I hope that this helps to introduce more English-speakers to Zusi.

http://www.netspeed.com.au/bhk/AustRail/zusi_page_1.htm

Regards,
Bruce.

shangway

#2 Beitrag von shangway »

...just checked it out. Very nicely done. I like it :tup

Thomas Gabler
Aktuelle Projekte: Ähm, *tüdeldü* Ich muss weg...
#3 Beitrag von Thomas Gabler »

Very well done!

However, there are some mistakes:
Type 613 or 618 diesel-electric locomotive
613 is a diesel-hydraulic multiple unit, it looks like this:
Bild

618 must be a misspelling. I think you mean the class 218 diesel-hydraulic loco (or perhaps the 628 diesel-hydraulic multiple unit)!
Bild
class 218

Bild
class 628

Code: Alles auswählen

The roar of the resistor-cooling fans in the electric locos
German locos are AC machines, they don't need resistors to control their traction effort. It's the cooling of the traction motors that causes your ears to ring.

OK, now to your screenshot descriptions:

- diesel_loco.jpg shows a class 218 diesel-hydraulic loco
- ice_a.jpg also shows a class 218 (equipped with electronic timetable), so no ICE (these are always EMUs or DMUs)
- ice_d.jpg shows an IC, not ICE
- Munchen_a.jpg: You are driving a class 110 electric loco, so this is definitely not an ICE, but possibly a RB or RE (regional train / regional express)

Tom
Rekursion, die: Siehe Rekursion

LIRPA
#4 Beitrag von LIRPA »

Moin,

618 ?? 618 ??? Ich hab da was im Hinterkopf bin mir aber nicht sicher und zu faul zum nachschlagen ( schaut mal auf die Uhr es ist mitten in der Nacht )

War das nicht der "Eierkopf" der US-Army

Meiky
Ligapokalsieger 2003 - Bezwinger

Lg Michael

Bruce Kennewell
#5 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

Thomas Gabler hat geschrieben:However, there are some mistakes:...
Picky, picky, picky!! :)

Thanks, Tom.
I'll correct the errors and make triple-sure that the next time I post a Zusi screenshot it is labelled correctly!

Bruce.
---------------------
Done!

Bruce.
Zuletzt geändert von Bruce Kennewell am 21.12.2003 10:16:17, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Roland Ziegler
#6 Beitrag von Roland Ziegler »

Great advertising, Bruce. Carsten will love it! :]

You could ask Carsten for permission of using the Zusi logo and font ("corporate identity" ;D).

Bruce Kennewell
#7 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

You could ask Carsten for permission of using the Zusi logo and font
EDITED:Thanks for the kind words, Roland, and I've just realised that you weren't chastising me for using the official Zusi tradmark but were encouraging me to request permission from Carsten to use it!!

Sorry about the misunderstanding. :O

Bruce.
Zuletzt geändert von Bruce Kennewell am 22.12.2003 02:15:08, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Carsten Hölscher
Administrator
#8 Beitrag von Carsten Hölscher »

thanks Bruce! I will add an English abstract to my homepage soon, where an English-speaking user can find some basic information about "Zusi in english" including a link to your site.
You may use images from http://www.zusi.de if you like, but it should be obvious that it is not part of the official zusi-homepage.

Carsten

Bruce Kennewell
#9 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

Carsten Hölscher hat geschrieben:...You may use images from http://www.zusi.de if you like, but it should be obvious that it is not part of the official zusi-homepage....
Thanks, Carsten.
I'll include a clause stating that my site is not affiliated or associated in any way with the official Zusi site and that it is simply provided as a service to non-German-speaking enthusiasts.

So do you want to adopt my 'Z" as an official logo? :)
I think it looks quite impressive!

Regards,
Bruce.

Andreas Karg
#10 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

You probably don't know the meaning of the current Zusi logo: Its a schematic of a german semaphore dwarf signal saying "clear". Just that you know... :)

(Ar-) T-Rex
Aktuelle Projekte: Seit 65 Millionen Jahren die Entwicklung der Eisenbahn beobachten
#11 Beitrag von (Ar-) T-Rex »

Bruce, Zusi is not only a a simulation of GERMAN railways, locomotives, semaphores and trains. In your internet site it seem to be so.

There are also lines of Swizerland and Austria available, others are under construction (I suppose Hungary, Netherlands, France an so on); an Austrian line (ÖBB - Austrian Federal Railways) is included on the CD.

And the sounds of some of the Austrian electric locomotices are very realistic, too - specially the 1044 or the 1670 or the Austrian creation "Taurus" (1016, 1116).

Greetings -
Arthur
ZPA-Bereich Österreich

E-mail:
oesterreich@zpa.zusi.de

Bruce Kennewell
#12 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

Arthur Pohl hat geschrieben:Bruce, Zusi is not only a a simulation of GERMAN railways, locomotives, semaphores and trains. In your internet site it seem to be so......
That's most interesting information, Arthur. Thank you very much for pointing that out.

I had noticed the various folders referring to other nationalities but did not realise that it also included railways as well as locomotives and rolling stock.
I had assumed that the trains from other countires were passing through Germany and along German lines.

I will make the appropriate correction on my site.

Thank you again.

Bruce.
Zuletzt geändert von Bruce Kennewell am 22.12.2003 19:58:57, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Bruce Kennewell
#13 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

AndiK hat geschrieben:You probably don't know the meaning of the current Zusi logo: ......
Which logo is that, AndiK??
I haven't seen a Zusi logo anywhere.....or maybe I haven't recognised it!

Bruce.

Andreas Karg
#14 Beitrag von Andreas Karg »

Dude, where's my logo?!

Uhm... Okay. There seems to be none on the page. Take a look on the Fahrsimulator icon instead. This is what I meant.

Pegasus-wtal
I don't like that kind of "Z" logo

#15 Beitrag von Pegasus-wtal »

It reminded me of something...

...yes !

It looks similar to the "Trabant" logo. The Trabant was a small car in the former GDR. Although it was rather small, you had to wait years before you actually could get one...

See here: http://home.clara.net/peterfrost/trabant.html

So please try to use something else, Zusi definetly is not a Trabant ! (What about a Ferrari logo instead ?) :D

Christian Gründler

#16 Beitrag von Christian Gründler »

AndiK hat geschrieben:You probably don't know the meaning of the current Zusi logo: Its a schematic of a german semaphore dwarf signal saying "clear". Just that you know... :)
Hello Andi,

there certainly do not exist any "semaphore dwarf signals" (sorry). The Zusi-logo is a (semaphore) shunting signal saying clear (for shunting movements). The german "Zwergsignal" is called a "ground signal" in Great Britain (but looks a little bit different).

EDIT: spelling corrected.
Zuletzt geändert von Christian Gründler am 23.12.2003 00:20:29, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Bruce Kennewell
#17 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

AndiK hat geschrieben:.....Take a look on the Fahrsimulator icon instead. This is what I meant.
Oh, that?!

Yes, I noticed that symbol, but as I'd already recognised it as a "clear" signal seen in the yards in Zusi I didn't think that was what you were referring to.

Bruce.

JoH

#18 Beitrag von JoH »

Bruce Kennewell hat geschrieben:I had noticed the various folders referring to other nationalities but did not realise that it also included railways as well as locomotives and rolling stock.
I had assumed that the trains from other countires were passing through Germany and along German lines.
Just to see what is possible check out "Wuestensterecke" (folder "Strecken/Fantasiestrecken"). It is a fictious desert railway with its own signalling system located in an unspecified North African country. The locos don't have safety systems, however. I guess this is where Zusi would need more flexibility when creating railways from other countries.

Jo

Bruce Kennewell
#19 Beitrag von Bruce Kennewell »

JoH hat geschrieben:Just to see what is possible check out "Wuestensterecke" (folder "Strecken/Fantasiestrecken")..........I guess this is where Zusi would need more flexibility when creating railways from other countries.
Thanks, Jo.
Yes, I've checked that out and also the "Nord Amerika" route, whose signalling system is more closely aligned to that used in Australia than is the German signalling system.
So there is at least the ability to be almost prototypical when creating an Australian route, just by using those systems.

I also checked out a fabulous mountain route in the Fantasie section.....Neustadt-Nonnendorf. This is a delightful route, indeed! :)
Is it really a fictional part of the world or is only the railway line fictional?

Regards,
Bruce.

PeterR

#20 Beitrag von PeterR »

@LIRPA: 618 was not the VT08 of the American Army, that was the class 688 which is also the official class of the historic VT08s which are still able to run. Class 618 is the LIREX:
Bild

Peter, temporary in Freudenstadt

Antworten